Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[multisim] How to attach a schematic subcircuit to a symbol?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys

I have a schematic circuit that I want to use as a subcircuit to a symbol. I mean instead of attaching a SPICE model to define a symbol, I want to have a subcircuit. So, I need to know how to define pins on the schematic and map it to a custom symbol that I want to make.

In Cadence, it is very easy. I can have a symbol, and can attach SPICE or veriloga models, or a schematic. But I don't know how to this is Multisim.

Any help is appreciated! 🙂

Regards

Vahid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,645 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VahidK

Hi there,

In Multisim, all you need to do is to select the circuit (ctrl +A) and right click, there is an item called "Replace by hierarchical block  Ctrl+Shift+H". Then name the block and place it. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,636 Views)

Thanks a lot Chen

That surely helps, but the problem is that now, I just have a box with no pins. I want to be able to assign pins to that hierarchical box, edit it's symbol, and everything else that you do with a new component symbol (in order to use it as a component in my circuit designs). Can you help me with this?

Bests

Vahid

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,619 Views)

And I think I figured out how to do the rest. For pins i added Hierarchical connectors. And after I got the box with the pins I could right click and edit symbol.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,613 Views)