Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master database component prefix

Solved!
Go to solution

Many of the sub-families of the Transistor Group have the component prefix set to U instead of Q.  In a few cases (e.g. transistor arrays) this may be reasonable, but for most of the families, it's just plain against reason 🙂

Can some kind soul get this fixed please?  Oh yes this is Multisim 10.1.1

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,807 Views)
you can't edit master database, you have to change refdes manually per part

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,770 Views)

Yes, that's why I'm griping!   If I could edit I would :-(.  I know I can change the **** prefix every time, and it's a pain in the proverbial.

D.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,766 Views)
I here you, but its never going to happen.   I would suggest you take the time to build your own corp library and port over all the parts from the master you need.  Really no other way around it, unless they make this a "feature".  But I'm doubting it.

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,764 Views)

What! You're syaing they'll never  fix a *blatant* and  major useability bug?   That's unforgiveable.   Grrrr.

D.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,761 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author david_c_partridge

Hi David,

I've taken a look at the database, and you are correct that some of the families in the Transistors group should have 'Q' for default RefDes prefix. I've entered a bug (115426) so that this will be fixed in a future release.

For the issue of not being able to edit the Master Database, kittmaster is correct that we will likely never allow customers to edit the master database directly. That said, I do agree that sometimes it would be nice to have this ability, and (as one of the developers of the product) I would like to see this become a non-issue in a future release.

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,723 Views)

Thank you very much.

D.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7