Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lm566

can anyone tell me where i can find lm566 component in the multisim. also c458 npn transistor. why almost all the component i search is not there? i want to make fm modulator circuit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,782 Views)

lili90,

It might depend on which version you have -> parts are listed here:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5607

The LM556 is a dual 555 timer.  There is the LM556CN and LM556CM component which are the 14-pin TH and SMT variants (you can find them under Mixed->Timer).  If your version only has the 555 timer you can use 2 for simulation purposes (or create one for PCB layout).  The 2SC458 appears to be an older component and may be hard to come by (sim and layout), but there are several medium power transistor replacements that might work and there are several available in the Multisim database.   You can also use the generic 'Virtual' transistors for simulation purposes.

Is your intent just simulation or do you want to lay out a PCB?

Regards,

Pat N

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,781 Views)

He asked for LM566 not LM556...Kindly tell us..I also want to know

Saud Khan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,754 Views)

Ok sorry about that, I must have used "LM5" in the Multisim quick search which brought up the timers and I didn't see the discrepency.

So we do not have this Voltage Controlled Oscillator in our DB.   I did find a datasheet...

http://www.experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Datasheets/LM566.pdf

However I was not able to find a publically available SPICE model and its doubtful that National or NTE (the 2 mfgs) would provide you with one since it is not supported anymore.

So the question becomes, how to build one?   This depends on what level of accuracy you need.

1) On page 3 of the datasheet an equivalent schematic representation of the chip is given.   It is possible to recreate this in Multisim (in a top level schematic) using ideal components to see if it gives you the desired results (with the shown external parts as well).   If so, you can easily convert the internal parts into a SPICE macro model and save as an LM566.

2) It is a voltage controlled oscillator and you may be able to mimic the general behavior by using a voltage controlled triangle wave (in the DB...  Sources->CONTROLLED_VOLTAGE_SOURCES -> VOLTAGE_CONTROLLED_TRIANGLE_WAVE).

If you would like to try method #1 and see if you can get it to function at the top level in a Multisim schematic, I would be able to show you how to convert it into a subckt.

Regards,

Pat Noonan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,751 Views)

Okay thanks.

Saud Khan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,746 Views)

I am also looking for 566    dr_parjit@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,536 Views)

buenas tardes, la presente es por motivo del componente 566. ya que la versión del multisin 12.0 que tengo no la tiene. es para conocer las posibilidades de optener el mismo(componente). esperando su pronta respuesta muchas gracias.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,553 Views)