Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use complemented square signa as input for AD633N component

Hi all of you
I'm using Multisim 12.0 to do personal research in electronic. In the present lab,  I multiply the  sinusoidal and  square signals using  AD633AN component (U8)  and the circuit  works  fine. But when the  square signal is complemented before being used in   AD633AN  (U1),  the transient analysis fails with a 'time step too small" error.
 Please,  kindly help me to fix this issue.

Circuits in JPEG and Multisim format are ateched

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,563 Views)

Hello buddy.

I was able to reproduce the situation and have found the partial solution.

first of all a few thoughts -

for simulation you do not need to add blocking caps - they will just slow down the simulation.

in order to get 2 opposite phased waveforms I am using builtin generator called Function generator XFGxxx - it has 3 options for wave shape and 2 opposite phase outputs .

check out the attached file( it is in ms13 format, sorry I do not have version 12.)

but there is the snapshot.

problem begins when 1 or both input signals are meanders (square shape). I do not know why it is happening, I guess the reason is the way the MS simulate the meander - the rises are to short , problem with dividing on zero or something like that. I tryed to use automatic solution finder but  with no results.

so after you manage to reproduce the schematic  in your  MS12, switch both generators to sine and start simulation.

then  switch one to triangle and see the results,

then switch the second to triangle,

and then try to switch one of them to meander.

I have been doing it a few times - some times it works, some times it is stocking the simulation.

good luck.

Michael

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,546 Views)

Hi Michael
thank you for your contribution. I've tried your solution. It's only ok for bipolar square signal. In my case, I need unipolar square signal and the multiplier does not walk when I use the inverted square signal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,464 Views)