From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove imported layers from ultiboard general layers property

Solved!
Go to solution

I imported several .DXF layers into a project some time ago and now they always appear in the default configuration of  every new project. I have tried unsuccessfully to de-select them and set that to the default, but they always pop up again. How can I remove them when there is no facility for doing so in the properties page?

Thanks, Tod 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,141 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Todc.18

Hi Tod,

I think what happened is you imported the DXF layers into a project, then saved the PCB properties as defaults, which then saved the imported DXF layers as defaults. To remove these layers, you need to delete your configuration file, which is where the default settings are stored. This will also reset your user interface and all default settings you have previously stored.

Just follow the instructions here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2719D00E36A4D53A8625721300685B3F

I have also created a defect (D116800) because it should be possible to remove these custom layers without resetting your configuration.

Message Edited by GarretF on 01-11-2010 08:25 AM
Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
Message 2 of 2
(3,119 Views)