Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the boundary box of a footprint

Hello,

When designing a component it is possible to draw a new symbol and to set the boundary box. But why is there no easy way (AFAIK) to change the boundary box of a footprint? Or to change the origin? I tried to select and drag the origin but this is not possible. I tried to find this in the user manual but I haven't found anything.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

TIA

Stefaan Claes

multisim 12.0

Windows 7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,873 Views)

Is there really no way to change the size (boundary box) of an existing footprint ? (user database)

Regards,

Stefaan Claes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,847 Views)

View > Design Toolbox, then selecting 3D-Info Top and 3D-Info Bottom seems to help... Strange: why do I have to enable 3D features just to change a 2D parameter? (boundary box of a footprint). BTW: just after I did this, Ultiboard crashed 😞 (unhandled exception)

Regards,

Stefaan Claes

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,834 Views)

Stefaan,

The 3D layer is actually a 2D layer with an extra Z-axis function.

The 2D drawing defines the area that is used by the component.

That will cause placement DRC errors when not adjusted to the correct size of the component.

Succes!

Stressed user

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,802 Views)

It's not obvious for someone not interested in the 3D stuff. It would make more sense (IMHO) to provide a button to resize the boundary box (similar as in Multisim where a boundary box of a symbol can be resized).

BTW: why is not possible to select and drag the orgin of a boundary box of a footprint?

Regards,

Stefaan Claes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,749 Views)