From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help drawing circuit using PIC16F877A

i have the project up timer  its ready , and i have the circuit , also the code for the pic 
thy using pic16f877a , and the circuit using pic16lf871p, but so far the project working fine.
the  problem im facing rite now , i want to do the circuit in any software , i try orcad , multiisim and  proteus 8
but i cant redraw the circuit ,  coz i cant find the PIC16F877A on NI component 
what i should do?IMG00012-20100510-2100.jpg , i really will be appreciate ur help 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,711 Views)

Hi Mahmoud:

You can create your own custom part in Multisim, simply go to Tools > Component Wizard and follow the prompts for a layout-only part. You'll draw a symbol, pick a footprint and map pins from symbol to footprint.

Tutorial: Creating a Custom Component in NI Multisim

If you are using Multisim 14, you now have a very large database of PIC MCUs (~4000), these are available as an NI Labs feature that we are field-testing, so is not in the shipping product. Find it in the following link.

NI Multisim Microchip MCU Co-Simulation [Beta]

Regards,

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,218 Views)

Hi Nestor,

I'm trying to make a simple project for one of my classes and I have the multisim v.14.1 , but when I clicked the link of your reply, it stated "access denied" since I don't have the necessary privileges to view it, would you please give some guidelines towards where can I download the plugin? I need to use the pic16f877a to control water pump system, but since the presentation is through a simulator I really rather use multisim insted of proteus. 

Than you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,577 Views)