Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardlock error when undocking

Can anyone tell me how to fix the error message that occurs when I try to undock my Dell Latitude 620 form the docking station:

"You cannot undock your computer because the service 'hardlock', whcih controls one of the devices in the docking station, does not support Plug and Play and cannot be stopped. contact the manufacturer of the driver for an update". I have a parallel port HASP dongle that is apparently required for Ultiroute 2001.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,412 Views)

Hello,

The 'hardlock' process could be the driver software that the dongle needs to run. As the error message states, this driver is not compatible with docking stations. We no longer support these dongles but you can visit the website of the dongle manufacturer to see if there is a new driver available:

http://www.aladdin.com/support/hasp/hasp4/enduser.aspx

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,357 Views)

Fernando,

Thanks for your reply. I did trya new driver from Aladdin, and that seemed to work for the NI dongle, but then I still had a second, older dongle for another product that caused an issue, so I i enede up disabling the parallel port until I need to use it. I really dislike these things - is there any alternative for the older versions of this EW software?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,352 Views)

Hello,

Those old versions require the dongle for licensing purposes. Without the dongle the software will not run.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,328 Views)

Fernando,

Why is it that my Multisim, Ultiboard, and Gerbtool seem to be OK without the dongle (apparently the release code does the same thing as the dongle) but Ultiroute needs the hardware?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,321 Views)

You are correct, in that version Multisim and Ultiboard required a Release Code for activation; Ultiroute needed the hardware dongle.

Regards,

Message Edited by Fernando DZ on 04-20-2009 02:17 PM
Message Edited by Fernando DZ on 04-20-2009 02:17 PM
Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,263 Views)