Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while printing

New installation of Multisim -- with the most recent update -- the attached image should give you some idea of what is going on -- there are "jaggies" around several of the components -- horizontal lines on several components.  Pour quois? 

Additionally, printing is very, very slow -- and this is on a  new machine running the latest WinXP -- the problem didn't exist on my 6 year old Athlon -- printer remains the same HP workhorse

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,449 Views)

Hi, 

Please provide me with the following information: 1.  In Ultiboard select Help>>About Ultiboard, what version do you have installed?2.  What is the model of printer?3.  Print to file such as a pdf and see if the problem persists, if you don't have a pdf writer, you can download something such as Primo.  When you install this software, it shows up as one of your printer, when printing any file, instead of selecting a physical printer you select Primo and it prints to a pdf file.

http://www.primopdf.com/

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,400 Views)
Changing the printer driver to PS from PCL-6 helped somewhat -- it's an HP-2100M
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,315 Views)

I am using 10.1.357 -- the problem persists -- attached is a PDF of a relatively small file --- you will note that the "holes" -- are "colored in" --  yellow -- when printed from a PDF (and the print setting is "no color" -- when printed to paper or transparency from PDF (I use transparency film to make prototypes before sending the boards out) the holes are not completely transparent.  Thus, the UV which exposes the holes is blocked a bit.

I can change by dropping the image into photoshop and hiking up the contrast -- but this WAS NOT a problem in prior editions of Ultiboard.

Even changing the driver, and trying to fiddle around with the print settings the image for transparency use is NOT SATISFACTORY -- with beaucoup jaggies.

As they say in the army, it looks like it was fixed until it was broken.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,220 Views)

Hi,

I downloaded your 2100 PS driver and when I did a Print preview, I don't see this problem.  I would try another driver from HP.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,151 Views)

I have this error too. I try to print to pdf, and the holes where component leads are, colored yellow.  When printing in black and white, then it is grey.  😞

And the vias is wrong too. Too big drill diameter. It is nice to produce vectorized output, but the previous version pixelized output was free from this kind of errors.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,601 Views)

And if I importing the created pdf to PhotoShop to retouch the yellow thing, and try to combine layers, the board outline layer is smaller.... pff.  But i imported all the 3 pages exactly same settings.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,595 Views)