From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

erroe calculates

Sorry-did the double messages

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,533 Views)

Hello.
There was a small problem. Multisim software versions (10 and 13) calculates the value of the polynomial at a particular point in a different way. In what could be the problem..???
At this point should be -3, 553mV.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,532 Views)

Hello.
Multisim Version 13 (13.0.995) makes a mistake in the construction of a negative number to an odd degree. Sign of the resulting number is still positive for the template record exponentiation. If a negative number multiplied three times consecutively, the result will be correct.
Or this problem is known and has already been solved .. ???

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,492 Views)

Hi Vlad,

It looks like there is a problem with the ABM calculation; I will ask the developer to look into this problem.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,440 Views)

Thanks Tien!
The same problem and in Multisim version 12.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,435 Views)

Hi Vlad,

Just tested this in V12 and it's also a problem.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,408 Views)

Thanks Tien.

When the developers fix this problem .. ??? ... how soon will the patch .. ???
The issue is not related to this topic ...
How do I create Multisima SPICE model and connect it to the animation (eg heating of metal) ... ?? SPICE model, I do, but how to make animation .. ?? Maybe there is a guide .... prompt.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,399 Views)

Hi Vlad,

I am not sure when our developers will fix this problem, there are factors like what resources are available, the defect severity and are part of the decision when things get fixed.

Animated components have custom code to make it behave a certain way and it's hard coded. A user does not have the ability to add animated parts in Multisim

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,388 Views)