From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom component pads corrupted

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, when I try and create a custom through hole part in ultiboard, the pads created have 2 inners - in all the ready created components through holes just have top and bottom - i don't know what these inners are.

I am using the part wizard which seems to work fine but when it comes to the part where i re-arrange and edit the pads these two inners appear in the pad properties, like so - 

copper top

copper inner 1

copper inner 2

copper bottom

I can't seem to get the right settings with these inners...  How can i get teh part to create just top and bottom copper for through hole parts and no inners?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,980 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pgo48

Hi there,

For complex PCB design, usually we have multiple inner layers to separate the Signal, Analog GND, Digital GND,different power signals etc. You can find this typical complex PCB design in DSP board for example.

In your situation, you can just set the layer pairs to 1 in The PCB Properties.

Double click the blank space in your work area or just click Options==> PCB Properties==>Copper layers

Capture.PNG

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,968 Views)