Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert hierarchical blocks to components

Hi there

I have a design that I turned into a hierarchical block. This is a subcircuit design of a specific component. What I want now is to have that block as an component, so that I can use it in lots of other designs (exactly like other components in the library, like a transistor). There is a "save component to database" option when you right-click on the block... but apparently it does not recognize heirarchical blocks as components. So, any idea how can I covert my block to an component?

I tried to go through the component wizard to do that. But it seems that you cannot attach a schematic subcircuit to a component using the wizard.

FYI, I tried to copy that block to another design (new sheet), but it won't let me do that. This made me to have a bigger sheet... right now, I have squeezed all my designs into one sheet, which soon will cause problems for me.

Any help?

Thanks

Vahid

//

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,037 Views)

Hi Vahid,

First of all , you should save your subcircuit file and make sure you use the hierarchical connector (Capture.PNG,ctrl+I )to be able to show the terminal pins correctly. Then you can click Place=>Hierarchical block from file and select the file that you just created in your new blank design.

Hope this helps!:-)

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,027 Views)