From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compatibility multisim with windows 8.1

Dear customer,

We've done many tests for the compatibility problems in Windows 8.1 and everything works fine so far that we cannot duplicate your problem. 

Here are some questions might be helpful for us to diagnose it further:

1. Could you please tell us which system language for your Windows OS that you are using?  Are you using a system other than English edition? 

2. Is this your personal computer or is it within your company? Do you have enough rights to install software if you are not an Administrator?

3. Try to disconnect your Internet cable or wifi and close all the anti-virus software when you install the software .

One method might be recommended is to try running your PC in Safe Mode. Here is the link to access the safe mode in Win8.1

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

If this works, which means some of the processes running in background crashed the application for sure.

By the way, I was wondering if you could provide us your detail location that we can give you a better service.

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(3,071 Views)

sir,

Once i have uninstalled ni lab view from my windows 8.1 pc,and for installing again one folder is not deleting from my progrram data folder.If i was trying to delete that folder it is saying that it is opened in NI psp service locator. so please suggest me how to delete that folder.

Awaiting for your reply....................................!!!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(2,356 Views)

@tsriramdandamudi wrote:

sir,

Once i have uninstalled ni lab view from my windows 8.1 pc,and for installing again one folder is not deleting from my progrram data folder.If i was trying to delete that folder it is saying that it is opened in NI psp service locator. so please suggest me how to delete that folder.

Awaiting for your reply....................................!!!

In what way is your question related to multisim?

Why do you need to delete that folder?

Do you have problems reinstalling?

Can you explain what you are actually trying to do?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,355 Views)