Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not connect track between two components. MultiSIM Blue.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Using Multisim Blue.

On using "follow me" tracking. When I select a capacitor component then go to connect it to U4 as shown in the image. I can't quite get the track to connect to U4 as shown in the image. If I 1st select the pad on U4 and move the cursor then no track can be seen. This is the VCC power track (net).

What have I done wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(6,944 Views)

Hello,

I tried this with a sample file and was able to place traces usign the Follow-me router. What if you use the manual method (Place>>Line)? Is the trace created? If you are still experiencing the issue we'll need your file for further troubleshooting.

Best,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(6,888 Views)

I'm not sure that it connect it.

Please refer to attached image.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(6,878 Views)

Those red circles indicate DRC errors. Go to Design>>DRC and netlist check and review error in the Results tab (Spreadsheet View).

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(6,869 Views)

Hi,

I think your problmem is this:

You are routing on the bottom layer, and the net settings probably don not allow this layer.

Try to change your design trough its properties in Multisim (2 layers)

Or  in Ultiboard, in the spreadsheet vieuw/nets/routing layers, set all nets and layers to 1

That will probably fix it

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(6,857 Views)

Hi all,

I have the top copper layer as a ground plane. With all other tracking include the VCC net on the bottom copper layer. The attached image say the error is that the ground is too close to these tracks.The problem is with the VVC and DC nets.

I tried switching off the Top Copper layer in "Routing Layers" but it did not fix the problem. 

But thanks for trying to help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(6,848 Views)

Is the attached correct as to allow tracking only on the Bottom copper. I still can't get follow tracking to work as shown in the top pad of U4. I can for some reason get the bottom pad to connect to C29. But not to the C21.

I'm stuck.....as to where to go from here.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(6,835 Views)

Hi,

The ground should be 10 as you only wish to rout that on top...

the first digit is the top layer.

But you can set all nets to 11 too, it won't do any harm

succes!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(6,831 Views)

Hi,

The reason I kept the Ground 11 is because when I have finished tracking. I will fill in the GND on the bottom copper. I'm doing this to shield the tracks from RF (radio Frequency) interference.

Thanks for your help. I think it may have something to do with U4 because I was able to follow track to other components that are on the same net, but not to U4. But what?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(6,828 Views)

Hi Fernando,

How can I send yo a copy of my file to see if you can find what the problem is.

Thanks for your help,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(6,810 Views)