From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I enter temperature into a circuit in multisim from an instrument in labview?

Hi. I am a master student and I am working on electrothermal modeling of a power  MOSFET. I made my circuit in Multisim 10.0 and I want to change the temperature of power MOSFET by importing temperature from an instrument made in labview.  I am wondering if it is possible to change the temperature of power mosfet accordign to the output of labview instrument?

Thanks

Farnoos Farrokhi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,384 Views)

Hi Farnoos,

Working with temperature in SPICE is a difficult because when people design a MOSFET SPICE model, many model parameters have a temperature as part of the equation so when you change the operating temperature you have to change many other parameters as well.  Attached is a SPICE manual, the MOSFET section starts on page 240.  In a SPICE model, you will find a TNOM parameter which tells you what temperature the component was design for, now look at the equations for many of the MOSFET model and you will see TNOM show up over and over.  

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,304 Views)