Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

atmega 32 in multisim 11

I have multisim 11 student edition.
I am willing to make project on atmega 32, but this microcontroller component is not available in multisim 11..

So is there any add on or something which can give support with  Atmega 32..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(9,442 Views)

Hello,

MCU functionality has been added for only 2 PICs, and Intel based controllers, as well as some RAM and ROM, but ATmega controllers are not.

Microcontrollers (IMO) are incredibly complex and would be very hard to program their entire functionality on SPICE and thus we don't see a lot of them. I've looked around the web trying to see if anyone had made a spice model for AVRs but I wasn't able to find any. My recommendation is if you need this for prototyping, get the board, If you just need this for a PCB and already know what to expect then create an atmega32 footprint in multisim (a dummy model) so you can create a circuit pretending the board is there.

Kind Regards,

Miguel V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(9,430 Views)

It would be cool if we could find some MCUs like atmel atmega328p and some useful pic MCUs like PIC16F84A and PIC16F887 that can be used in the circuit simulation, at least implemented with pure-software, not necessarily by designing the entire sub-circuit because when you ave to buy, more or less, 100€ of material for the high-school end project, it would be nice to make sure that all the stuff works, and then, buy it.

I'm sorry for every mistake but English isn't my first language 😛

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,078 Views)