Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNOR and Seven Segment display in Multisim 12

We are having trouble with the 74LS266N XNOR gates in Multisim 12. 

We take two SPDT switches hooked up to a 5v VCC or two Interactive Digital Constants and hook either pair up to the XNOR.  If we output the XNOR to a simple probe, the gate works fine.  But if we connect the gate to a probe AND a segment of a seven segment display (common cathode) nothing works.  If we remove the probe and stay hooked up to the seven segment display, nothing works.  Do XNOR's just hate seven segment displays?

I've been using Multimsim for several versions now and I don't remember seeing this happen, but I might not have had XNOR hooked up this way before.  Any ideas?  We're going crazy.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,256 Views)

We just tried a few other things...

The XNOR outputs to other gates just fine.  If I hook it up to ANY other gate and THEN hook it up to the display, everything works.

If I connect the XNOR directly to a resistor, a resistor and the seven segment display, or the display directly, the whole gate stops working.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,252 Views)

If you still have a problem with this part, post the Multisim file. It will give us a better idea where the problem is.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,125 Views)