From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Multisim Default to a Shift Left on Phase Direction when the mathematically correct is Shift Right?

For years I complained to the good folk at Interactive Image that Multisim shifted the wrong direction when a phase angle was added to an AC source. Until Version 8, I couldn't get them to say that they saw it as a problem. With Version 8 they added the Global Preference Setting (under Parts) (perhaps to shut me up) which allowed the user to change the default shift direction to "Shift Right" and things were right with the world again! I am now updating my tutorials to the newer versions and I would like to know what the reason is for the confusion. I would think that what is mathematically correct in one country would still be correct in another country. Any ideas why the difference in settings? I have attached a OLD version of a tutorial for my students which discusses the issue in case I haven't expressed myself clearly enough. Thanks for the help.
Message 1 of 1
(3,649 Views)