cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When installing Analog Devices Multisim: invalid win32 application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to install Analog Devices' version of Multisim, however when I do it instantly responds with a "is not a valid win32 application" error message.  Any ideas on how to fix?

Cheers,

Phil 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,756 Views)
P.s. Using win32 version of XP and I downloaded it twice to make sure that the download wasnt corrupted. MD5 checksums were the same, so that is not the issue.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,754 Views)

I haven't heard of this error before, so some extra information would be helpful.

What version of Windows XP are you running? Do you have Service Pack 2 or Service Pack 3?

When is this error happening? Is this happening when you run the installer or when you run Multisim?

Last, when this type of error occurs, Windows usually logs some additional information about the error that can be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

1. Open the Control Panel

2. Double click on Administrative Tools. Then double click on Event Viewer.

3. On the left, there are several items. Look select these and look for any Errors at the same Date and Time you tried to start the program (there will be a lot of unrelated items but they are in order with the most recent at the top). For each Error that has the same Date and Time

1. Double click on the item.
  2. Copy and paste the Description into your reply.
Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,744 Views)

XP SP3.

Instantly after I click the installer. 

And there are no errors for the application.  The error is so instant, I doubt it would even get that far.

Thanks,

Phil 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,737 Views)

I had forgotten that the download is contained in a self-extracting zip. Are you able to extract the installer or are you not even getting that far?

Could you also post the MD5 sum you are calculating?

Garret
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,725 Views)

No, not even getting that far.  I open the exe I downloaded and instantly it fails.

MD5 = 49560808913E1AF4D1B677B28C92FEDF

Phil 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,712 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author philwinder
I believe you have a corrupt download. If you downloaded the 10.0.1 version (the default file name is NI_Multisim_Analog_Devices_Edition_10_0_1.exe), the MD5 sum should be 3c49b3ef99ec86ef6c013268405bcaa3
Garret
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,705 Views)

Huh! Downloaded on another PC and its fine!!!

Sorry!

Phil 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,702 Views)