From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Input to OpAmp outputs voltage to MOSFET pair

Can someone with more EE experience with me help me understand exactly how this circuit works. It takes two +- 500 V rail supplies and varies the output using an analog signal from 1-10V into an opamp. I don't see how the opamp is controlling the output but clearly it is. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,334 Views)

Can you let us know from where do you get the circuit and what is supposed to do? I will suggest that you place pictures of your analysis too.

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,321 Views)

Hi,

Well, I reverse engineered this circuit from a PCB that isn't working currently. Basically, that PCB as two channels where each channel is the circuut in the simulation file that I posted several days ago. This PCB has a +/- 500V supply rails that are used to output the correct voltage. An analog input signal varying from 0-10 volts corresponds to an output of 0-100V. The company that made this PCB is out of business and I am trying to figure out exactly how they got this PCB to work. I believe they are using the FETs as a variable resistor to output the appropriate voltage. I've attached a few charts to review. The current output from the Optoisolator decreases with increasing analog input (0-10 V).

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,294 Views)

Hello,

I have to be honest, I do not understant the circuit or how it works. However if you have questions with the Multisim enviorment or how to configure it to do a certain operation I can help you out then. I believe only an Electronic Engineer can help you out at this point.

Regards

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,270 Views)