Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using multiple databases

In multisim / ultiboard it is possible to use three different databases.

But is it possible to use more databases?

I need different databases, but I can't find a way to use them, without removing the master, corporate or user database.

And I want to keep them.

So is it possible to use 4 or 5 database at the same time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,973 Views)

An other question, in UltiBoard 5.7 there was an option to switch between Ref Des and component Value.

I'm unable to find this option in ultiboard v10.0.

Is it still available but hidden?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,969 Views)

Hello Paul-a,

thank you very much for your post on our webforum.

Unfortunately it isn't possible to add a extra data base to your Multisim / Ultiboard environment. You are able to add a category under one of the three databases. I will send a product suggestion to the circuit design group.

I'm not familiar with the older Ultiboard software, but you can double click on any foodprint and turn on / off the Refdes or value property under the attributes tab.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,923 Views)

Thanks for the answer, but about the switching between Refdes and value of the component, it is possible to switch refdes to component value for all components in ultiboard 5.7.

So I need to change manual all my components in ultiboard 10?

There is no option to change all my components from refdes to component value?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,920 Views)

Dear Paul,

you can select all the components you want to change; right mouse key => properties => attributes tab, select Refdes and choose change. Now you can make this attribute invisible. You can make the value visible by changing this attribute.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,910 Views)

So if I have 50 components, I've to do this 50 times.

There is no function to change all components in one time.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,883 Views)

Paul,

you can select the components you placed in your design (your 50); with the selection toolbar you can filter what you want to select (so only components) and then you can select your 50 components; 

you can select all the components you want to change; right mouse key => properties => attributes tab

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,880 Views)

I select all components with Parts, right mouse key --> properties --> attributes

But now I cannot change the attribute VALUE to be visible

2009-06-25_113244.png

I click REFDES Visibility:

2009-06-25_113440.png

I click Invisible.

All components don't have REFDES visible, so that is working.

But now I want to show the VALUE.

I do the same like REFDES (select all components, right mouse,properties, Value Visibility:

I change from invisible to visible, but no change in my design.

All components don't have the REFDES (That's ok) but don't have the VALUE (Not OK). 

Message Edited by Paul-a on 06-25-2009 04:39 AM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,878 Views)

Hello Paul,

did you slelected the right layer when making the value visible? You can change the layer there (to the same layer which was used with the Refdes); please verify if this layer is selected in the Design toolbox on the layer tab.

If this is all correct can you try to change this attribute just for one component? Is it visible for one component? I'm working with 10.1 now, and when I only select the parts (so disable all the other items in the selection toolbar) it works without any problems. 

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,873 Views)

I have selected the correct layer (it's RED).

With one component I'm able to make the value visible.

(I'm using Ultiboard 10.0.343.)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,870 Views)