From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using current probe in capacitive circuit

HI

I am required to measure the current flow during charge and discharge of a capacitor with respect to t. 

I have initially carried out a transient analysis and selected the I to be displayed however its not very clear and my tutor informed me its recommened to use the current probe, however there are settings associated with it which im not very familiar with.

I have tried to use the current probe i have connected the output to an oscilliscope, seems to be working however i need to know the current flowing once 50% of the Vc is dropped I also need to find time taken for the Vc to fall by 50% so i somehow need to view the current and voltage on a same graph so I can determine once Vc has fallen by 50% the respective circuit current at this time.

I also need to view circuit current after 3CR, so if there is a method of implementing time into the current probe so i can view current at a respective time. 

Appreciate any help!

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,058 Views)

Hi Hass,

We can add the Measurement Probe to the Capacitor. 

Capture.PNG

Run the simulation, we can find the current information dispalyed  in the box next to the probe1.

Capture2.PNG

To have a better view of time, we can use the Transient analysis. In the Transient analysis output tab,  choose I(C1) as the only output then you will see the current starts from -3mA to 0.

3.PNG

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,008 Views)