From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultiroute says "Check user authorization"

My Ultiroute has suddenly started giving me a "Please check your User Authorization" error message when I try to route a board. Ultiboard runs fine, the internal rip-up router seems to be OK, but Ultiroute won't run any more. I can't find any way of dealing with this. The software is Ultiboard 2001 SP2.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,592 Views)

Hi,

Let's try this:

• Uninstall Ultiboard/Ultiroute from the Windows Control Panel.
  • Manually remove any files left in C:\UB2001.
  • Reinstall the software.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,564 Views)

Fernando,

Does this mean I will need a new release code, or can I use the same one as previsously used, since my hardware configuration should be the same? I guess I'd really like to know what exactly happened here, rather than just re-install everything blindly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,555 Views)

Hello,

You should be able to use the same Release Code if your hardware configuration hasn't changed; anyway if for some reason you have issues with this, just use the Online Release Code Generator to get a new code.

Ultiboard/Ultiroute 2001 are products that we don't support anymore, therefore I won't be able to tell you what caused this error.

• Did the re-install work?
  • Are you using a hardware dongle?
  • Operating system?
  • Ultiboard version (Personal, Pro)? 

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,539 Views)

Fernando,

I haven't yet tried this, as at this point, it's not critical, and I have other things I need to get done. However, when schedule permits, I'll give it a shot. In answer to your questions:

1. I haven't tried the re-install

2. No

3. XP SP3

4. Ultiboard 2001 Power Pro

Thanks,

Dave T.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,536 Views)