cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultiboard freezing when moving certain components

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

As I solved my previous problem, I ran into another.

In Ultiboard, when I try to move certain components (Like a Inductor or FET) my Ultiboard program just freezes.

I can change it's shape or whatsoever, but it won't solve my problem. It still freezes my Ultiboard when i move it.

I noticed the problem is in my drawing itself. I tried to move the components on 3 different computers, with all the same result.

This is really taking me alot of time, actually too much; as I'm getting really close to my deadline.

I really hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,436 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erik1989

Erik1989,

Try the following and let us know what happened...

First turn off Full Real Time DRC check... from the menu, Options -> Global Preferences and in the tab 'PCB Design', select 'No Realtime Check' option under the DRC & Net check settings.   Try moving the part, does this help?

Second turn off part shoving...  from the menu, Options -> Part Shoving and click on icon to toggle mode.   Try moving the part, does this help?

Let us know if one of these actions does resolve or improve the situation.  Would it be possible to submit your design (.ewprj file) to us via our support link so one of our Application Engineers can diagnose the situation?

Go to http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niae_asc.main to start an email support session.

Regards,

Patrick Noonan
Business Development Manager
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
50 Market St. 1-A
S. Portland, ME 04106
Email: patrick.noonan@ni.com
Tel. (207) 892-9130
Fax. (207) 892-9508 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,408 Views)

_user32,

Thanks for your input. By now, I have re-made the drawing from scratch as i had no other options.

My drawing is now near completion so I did not have this problem any more.

Though, I have tried what you advised me on the drawing that made Ultiboard crash.

The problem got fixed by turning off Full Real Time DRC Check.

Unfortunately I'm not eligible to upload the schematic nor drawing as it's a product from my company.

Hopefully this topic will help some more people out (when they have this problem as well).

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,399 Views)