From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultiboard Trace Width and DRC Chaos

Hi and thanks for every answer!
 I designed my circuit on Multisim. I ultiboarded it perfectly with 10mil trace width and default pad diameter. But when i send it to the PCB company they said width is too narrow and pads are too small. They will be unable to print it. So I need to wide my traces and pads. I tried so but with 15mil trace width and bigger pad diameter , Ultiboard just looked in to my eye and said : "You shall not pass!" with plenty of DRC errors. Sleepless nights and no way to solve them. So any Instrument'ers can help me to autoroute this circuit with enough trace width + pad size for a medium printing company? I asked them how much i should wide , they said ;  "Just wide them a little bit , we won't be able to drill this way and you won't be able to solder."

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,416 Views)

Hi,

Manufacturing 10 mils trace should not be a problem, most manufacturers should be able to do this.  Have a look at Sunstone Circuit, they can do 6 mil.

http://www.sunstone.com/customer-solutions/circuit-board-glossary.aspx

You may want to provide me with the gerber files and Ultiboard file; I can look over your design.  Send me a private message with you email, I will contact you.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,393 Views)