From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Unity Gain Op-Amp Simulation

Hello,

I am new to the forums and am having some difficulty with a simulation of a "DC Drive" that I designed for a test rig at my company. I am not an electronics engineer, but have dabbled in pieces through high school and college so don't yell if it's something obvious 🙂

I have attached the file for reference as well as a photograph for those that don't wish to download it. My issue is on the third op amp in the amplification stage. This is an OPA544T High Voltage, High Current Amplifier configured in unity. The left probe shows that the voltage prior to entering the non-inverting  input is approximately 80mV, and the probe on the right shows that after the signal exits the unity gain op-amp, that the voltage is 3.14 volts! Curious I injected a DC bias to the input of the OPA544, but the output did not change accordingly. I am not sure as too why the output is "stuck" at 3.14 volts.

Any help or input on this is appreciated.

Also, please ignore the rest of the circuit unless part of the issue! I had to mock up a digital potentiometer using an R2R ladder and several other pieces before that!

Thank you all for your input!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,217 Views)

Ahh, after looking at it more...it was something obvious! It is not a rail to rail op-amp! Therefore it will never truly reach zero or 24V! 

Duh!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,188 Views)