Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Component Wizard and User Database

Hello,

I am a user of Circuit Design v.13.0 Power Pro Edition (Windows 8 Pro x64, intel Core i7 3GHz, 4GB memory, 500GB HDD).

On MultiSim, I tried to create a 324-pin component via the Component WIzard, and had this component listed in the User Database.

I failed, however, to register the symbol (ANSI Y32.2) created on the Symbol Editor, receiving an error saying something like:

"The ANSI symbol for component ......... cannot be found or is invalid. The symbol is saved in the database. Check if the symbol is correct."

(This is an English intepretation of the original Japanese, so may not be the exact English error message.)

Actually, no symbol appears on the Database Manager.

I have found that this error does not occur for pin counts equal to or fewer than 144.

Furthermore, other 324-pin and 256-pin components created on MultiSim v.12.0 caused an error when I tried to edit these components in the User Database, with a message like:

"A trouble occurred in reading the symbol data of component ..."

Could anyone tell me how I can resolve these problems?

I will greatly appreciate your help.

Regards,

Akira

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,566 Views)
I have the same problem. I am using Multisim 13.0.1 (13.0.1059) with database version 13.0.c, Win7 x64 I found that when you have a component symbol with 146 pins, it works, but when you add one more pin, you get an error saying, "The ANSI symbol for component [my component name] in family [component family name] is missing or invalid. The symbol will still be saved to the database. Check to ensure the symbol is correct. Multisim will not allow opening the component in the database for editing. If you try to place the component on a schematic, you get the error "There was a problem reading symbol data for component [component family name]/[my component name]
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,338 Views)