Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of schematic to ultiboard failed

Hi,

I tried to transfer a Multisim schematic to Ultiboard and it failed. As usual during transfer, Ultiboard showed the import Netlist Action window. I closed the window by pressing OK, but Ultiboard did not create a new board outline and also the parts that should have been imported didn't appear. The Spreadsheet View stays empty as if nothing was imported at all. This problem only occurs with one of my projects, others are transferred without any problems. Since Ultiboard did not create any ErrorLog, I can't trace the cause of this problem. Does anyone have any idea of how to solve this problem?

b.t.w.: I'm running Multisim/Ultiboard 10.0.343 on Windows XP.

Thanks in advance,

Robert
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,823 Views)
One possible reason could be that you have used virtual components or components without ultiboard footprints. Perhaps you could post your multisim file - otherwise it will be just conjecture.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,816 Views)
There are no virtual components used in the design and every component has a footprint. However: the problem is already partially solved: by Trial&Error I deleted (groups of) components and tried to transfer the design. I found out that one HDR2X4 caused the problem. When I replaced the HDR2X4 by a HDR2X5, the transfer was completed succesfully.

I Still don't know what's wrong with this component, but at least I can now complete my design. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,809 Views)
I just found out that the HEADER2X4, that was causing the problem, also causes Ultiboard to crash evertytime I try to select it in the database manager in order to delete it from the user database. Something is terribly wrong with the component, as well with Ultiboard, since ultiboard does not give me any oppurtunities to delete the component from the user database. Is there any work-around available that can help me delete this component?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,784 Views)

I was unable to re-create this situation. When I tried to transfer from Multisim to Ultiboard it went off without a hitch. Could you tell us which version you have? Maybe you could post your file for us to examine as it may be another problem other than the component. Is this a component you either edited or created? I ask this because you mention trying to delete it from the user database.

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,775 Views)