Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape and Reel on Multisim

Hi, I'm an engineering student working with Multisim 11 for the first time, and I have a question that is probably very basic, but it's still giving me some trouble.

I am creating custom components, and I'm trying to make a single mini USB surface mounted receptacle.  I was having trouble with the footprint.  The only packaging the datasheet specifies is Tape & Reel.  I was wondering a) what exactly that means, and b) how to specify that on Multisim.

Here is the datasheet for the part: 

http://www.mill-max.com/assets/pdfs/metric/150M.PDF

Thanks,

Jenna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,740 Views)

Hi Jenna,

1. On the datasheet, Tape & Reel is a kind of packaging usually for SMT components. For example, if you order this SMT miniUSB on Mouser or Digikey, you will propably get this product packed like the picture below. 

Surface-Mount-Tape-and-Reel3.jpg

2.Sometimes the word "packeage" doese not mean the word "footprint". There is one miniUSB footprint TYCO_1734035-1 that we already created in the databse.

When you assign the footprint, just type "TYCO_1734035-1" you will find it.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps.:-)

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,717 Views)

Thanks for the reply!  I am however still having some trouble.

I'm trying to make the part in the Component Wizard, and when I get to the "Select a Footprint" section, that footprint you mentioned is not in any of the databases.  Am I looking in the wrong spot?

- Jenna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,694 Views)

Hi Jenna,

You can use the filter feature to find the part. The picture is shown below.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,691 Views)

Hello!

I'm having the same issue, but that footprint is not available.  Here is what comes up:Multisim.PNG

Is there another option? I am using Multisim 11.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,643 Views)

Hi there,

I am now using the Multisim 13.0.1 version. Try searching this part HIROSE_UX60-MB-5ST  in 11 version. If still can't find it. I've attached this SMT mini-USB for you to download.

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,638 Views)