From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting OPAMP to simulate a filter design

Hello,

I want to see the response of a sallen LPfilter for which I want to simulate LP filter shown here http://sim.okawa-denshi.jp/en/OPstool.php .But I don't which OPAMP component is to be selected to see simulation result(filter response) in NI multisim13.

Can someone explain me about the OPAMP selection.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,811 Views)

Your link contains some extra characters. Try this.  

Nearly any amplifier will work in that circuit. The gain is unity to just below 1 kHz and rolls off above that.  The factors which are involved in selecting an opamp for filter applications include enough bandwidth to handle any signals which reach the output of the opamp.  For this filter a full scale signal at 1 kHz is probably the most critical. At 100 kHz a full scale input will result in an output which is down ~80 dB - and that is at the edge of what is measurable in most real systems.

Other factors may include DC offset since DC is within the passband of a low pass filter. Any noise generated by the opamp will appear at the output.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,808 Views)