From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing Internal Program Error 1268

Anyone seen this?  My autorouter is working, as soon as I start messing with the settings in the option section, it makes it to 800+ nets and then crashes....what is this error????

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,589 Views)

Kittmaster,

After the error 1268, does the program shutdown, or does the autorouter just stop?  Is it repeatable?   If either of these situations is the case I recommend you start an email/phone support service request.  If you can get us the files and the settings you are using that would be best so we can troubleshoot the issue in R&D.

Please let me know the Autorouter options you've set and I'd be happy to try it on some of my larger designs to see if I see the same behavior here.

Regards,

Patrick Noonan
Business Development Manager
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
50 Market St. 1-A
S. Portland, ME 04106
Email: patrick.noonan@ni.com
Tel. (207) 892-9130
Fax. (207) 892-9508 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,566 Views)
Yes it is repeatable, the files are sensitive and can not be released.  The failure is kicks out of the autorouter, but the program does not crash.  I've opened and closed the file and the error repeats.  This includes major changes to the default settings of the autorouter options.

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,555 Views)

I have no idea what error 1268 is and I rarely use the autorouter, but just thinking about troubleshooting I'm wondering...

1. Does this happen with all designs or just one?

2. On the design that errors, do you have any new/unique footprints that you haven't run before? Some years ago I had an odd failure that was the result of a bad footprint made by an intern.

Hg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,541 Views)

Kittmaster,

I understand about the circuit - but rather would it be possible to get a screenshot of the Autorouter options popup (well 4 since the 1st 4 tabs apply to autorouting), so that I could try to duplicate your autorouting settings?

Regards,
Patrick Noonan
Business Development Manager
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
50 Market St. 1-A
S. Portland, ME 04106
Email: patrick.noonan@ni.com
Tel. (207) 892-9130
Fax. (207) 892-9508 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,538 Views)