Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding simulation of ECG signal in Multisim software

Hi,

I have simulated the circuit from ECG Amp with ECG signals and it works properly.

But I opened a new page and built all the circuit again by myself and the result was not the same but much much worst. I copied the circuit from the downloaded example and paste it into a new page and didn't work fine either.

Then, What is the problem?

I attach the document for a kind person that could help me .

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(5,622 Views)

Excuse me, I forgot to say that there are three circuits in the page , if you delete the last one , the message of the parallel sources will not appear.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(5,620 Views)

Hi there,

I opened your circuit file, copied and pasted the top circuit in a new file, replaced the ECG Signal instruments and got this result:

scope2.png

I'm attaching this circuit. Give it a try and let me know how it works.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(5,593 Views)

Thank very much you for your answer. It works properly now.

I plan to make this circuit in a protoboard and prove it with electrodes and oscilloscope, is it save?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(5,587 Views)

My best advice is to make sure you calculate and measure the expected currents and voltages. After building the prototype take real measurements to double check that everything works as expected.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(5,584 Views)

Hi again,

Thank you for the advices. I've also thought on an isolating circuit, but can't find where to buy one. For example I search on RS or Farnell : ISO 100 and nothing appears. What solution would you suggest me?

Again, thank you for the answers, they are helping me so much.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(5,568 Views)

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with these type of applications. Perhaps you could do more research on the use of optocouplers for these circuits. I found this article that discusses patient protection circuits, hope it helps.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(5,556 Views)

Thank you.

We have proved without isolation, with a battery and there is too much noise, can't see the signal, we'll prove to add filters.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(5,541 Views)

Please tell me that in your file " New.ms11 ‏901 KB"  it is not working, error of missing file "USER_ECG_Electrode" .
Please share ECG Signal file which you has replaced in the ab0ve circuit. i am usung MULTISIM 11. And i need ECG Signal.
please reply

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(5,016 Views)

Hello Xam1122,

I could't run the circuit in a protoboard. However, it works properly as a simulation. You can find all the instruction to simulate the ECG signal in the following web: http://www.ni.com/example/30925/en/, this web contain the same circuit that you are trying to open.

I hope this info can help.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(5,000 Views)