Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference ground - transientanalyse

Hi,

I'm making a transientanalyse, my cuircuit has a DGND and a AGND. To which of those grounds does the analyse refer???

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,607 Views)

There is no component called AGND. I am assuming you are referring to the "GROUND" component. Any net connected to this component is net 0, which is the reference net for simulation.

DGND can be used to create an alternate ground in the schematic capture environment. However, in simulation, DGND is shorted to net 0 so DGND and GROUND are the same. 

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,595 Views)

OStep escreveu:

There is no component called AGND. I am assuming you are referring to the "GROUND" component. Any net connected to this component is net 0, which is the reference net for simulation.

DGND can be used to create an alternate ground in the schematic capture environment. However, in simulation, DGND is shorted to net 0 so DGND and GROUND are the same. 

Just as OStep said, DGND and GROUND are the same. But, if you go on the Select Component window, you will see the difference between them.

DGROUND is digital ground and

GROUND is analog ground.

I think you could conclude what type of ground is designed for depending on the nature of the circuit.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,585 Views)

@leo.ni wrote:

OStep escreveu:

Just as OStep said, DGND and GROUND are the same. But, if you go on the Select Component window, you will see the difference between them.

DGROUND is digital ground and

GROUND is analog ground.

I think you could conclude what type of ground is designed for depending on the nature of the circuit.

Hope it helps!

Thanks guys for your replies.

Indeed there is no AGND, GROUND was meant. The shortening of the DGND and GROUND explains my simulation results.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,572 Views)