From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectifier +dcdc converter

Hello,

I am trying to combine a bridge rectifier with a buck boost converter and when I run the circuits alone both seems to work . but when I combine both of them I get the convergence error. I would like to know the reson as why does it happen or if there is any logical error in integrating both..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,728 Views)

Hi There,

I've run your simulation. I suggest that you can use a pulse voltage "PULSE_VOLTAGE" instead of using a PWM controled voltage source. Then you need to adjust the rise and fall times for the gate driver to avoid the convergence message. An example is shown as follows.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

My second advice is that for the simulation we'd better choose the real part models(the blue ones) to have a more accurate result, sometimes they also have rating like 220V 10A.

In additonal, avoid of using rated component like rated capacitors, resistors, inductors etc., because these component may burn when you start the simulation.

By the way, in Multisim 13.0, we do have a Buck Converter component, just type "Buck_Converter" in the search line.

buck_con.PNG

Attached is my drawing of this Converter.

Hope this helps!:-)

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,494 Views)