Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Multisim 7 - Fails "The master database is not registered to the current user... "

I have a recurring problem on a Multisim 7 installation on a machine used by several users. Sometimes when starting Multisim 7 it fails with the following error message "The master database is not registered to the current user. Please reinstall Multisim from the original CD. For more information, please contact the Technical Suppport department."

Reinstallation solves the problem for a while but then it happens again.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,414 Views)
I don't have a solution for you, but I can tell you that due to the age of the product, there will never ever be a patch/release to fix whatever is wrong with it.  There have been so many radical changes between 7 and 10 and several patches to boot.  I would just update your version to something that is a hell of a lot more stable than 7 ever could be....IMO

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,405 Views)

Thanks for the advice - maybe good advice for a power user such as yourself but we are light users and don't have the budget to buy V10.

I was rather hoping that someone from NI would contribute something, even if only some advice on workarounds for the problem when it occurs. If we knew what files were the source of the problem maybe we could restore them from a backup and get working again. In this organisation we don't have admin rights on the PCs and therefore we have to call out an IT bod to do the re-install - very inconvenient and slow.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,380 Views)

Hello,

Take a look of  the following KnowledgeBase:

How do I give a computer user without administrator rights the proper file privilege to run Multisim...

It was made for version 9, but it should work on version 7 as well. If possible, give users full access to the entire installation directory (C:\Program Files\Multisim7).

I hope this helps.

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,369 Views)