From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ADI AD8304 spice model in Multisim 13

Hi, everyone. I need to simulate AD8304 in Multisim 13, and I used spice model downloaded from Analog Devices .com. But, two errors always appear, and I can't find out the reasons.

All the errors are as follows:

------ Checking SPICE netlist for Design1 - 2014年7月15日, 16:48:20 ------
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u1', element 'xu1':  Invalid subckt definition name 'ad8304__ad_log_converter__1'
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u1', element '<unknown>':  Due to errors, the subckt instance 'xu1' will be omitted from the simulation
SPICE Netlist Warning, element 'ad8304__ad_log_converter__1':  Duplicate subckt node name '8'
======= SPICE Netlist check completed, 2 error(s), 1 warning(s) =======

Is there  anyone who has encountered the same errors? Please give me some suggestion!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,697 Views)

The circuit composed of AD8304 is as follows:

Multisim simulating Figure.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,688 Views)

Hi there,

I can't find the Spice Model on the official website of ADI, but I do find a ad8304.cir file. However, this is not a spice model, it's a netlist file. Besides, this netlist is wrong due to the node assignments. So, which Spice Model are you using right now? Could you please post it here?

Capture.PNG

------ Checking SPICE netlist for Design1 - July-15-14, 10:32:01 AM ------
SPICE Netlist Warning, element 'ad8304': Duplicate subckt node name '8'
======= SPICE Netlist check completed, 0 error(s), 1 warning(s) =======

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,679 Views)

Hi, Chen_T.

I got the same ad8304.cir file from the official website of ADI, and I mistook this file for the Spice Model of ad8304.

When I simulated the circuit above by importing this file into Multisim 13, the identical error appeared. But I haven't worked out 

this problem, so if you got the right spice model, hope you can post it here. Of course, if I get it, I will post it here.

Thank you for your reply!

Best regards!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,622 Views)

Greetings,

This question have still unsettled. The same indication is displayed when the circuit simulated. 

Please give me a favor, if you know how to work out it!

The circuit and the ad8304.cir are attached as follows:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,207 Views)