Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print negative image (Ultiboard 10.1)

We're changing from positive to negative working prototype PCB production.

I'm trying to produce a negative track image by checking the "Print negative image" in Ultiboard 10.1

It works but the whole page is printed black (way beyond the board boundaries) wasting ink / toner.

I can set up a custom page size to reduce the problem but that's not a staightforward task.

In desperation I tried changing the track/pad colors to white, putting a solid black polygon on a Mechanical layer (the same size as the board outline) and NOT using "Print negative image". That works very well (especially for irregularly shaped boards) except that "Leave Drill Holes Open" then doesn't work; or at least it does but it thinks I still want white holes whereas they should now be black.

Anyone have any thoughts please?

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,965 Views)

Hello Bob,

I have tried putting a solid polygon in and lost the holes the same as you describe. I think as you have said, the best option to save ink that works is to set up a custom page size with "Print negative image" on.

Regards, 

Jack. W
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,930 Views)

Hi Jack,

Thank you for that - I was afraid it might be the case!

Regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,920 Views)

hello...i have the same problem, i just try to print the negative image ...but the print is all black. Can we halp me?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,346 Views)

ragazzi grazie a chi non ha risposto... c,q ho risolto. basta andare nelle impostazioni stampante...colori.....colori avanzati..... e selezionare stampa come grafica............ bye bye

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,320 Views)