From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting Histogram with a Sync Input in Multisim 13.0.1

Hi I have a digital output and I want to plot a histogram of the data. I found one LabView Virtual Instrument on other threads (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-28520). But the problem is it needs a sampling frequency whereas in my application I have a signal which tells whether the data is valid or not. So, I need to sample the output only when the valid bit goes from 0 to 1. So, what should I do?

I dont have any knowledge about LabView and writing Virtual Instruments.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,569 Views)

Hello kushgpt23,

In order to use a custom measurement instrument for your Multisim design, yes, a VI would be the correct approach. For doing this you would have to create it from LabVIEW. I encourage you to get started with LabVIEW in order to be able to create that VI and use it for your purposes.

Here a reference which you an use to get started.

How to Create a LabVIEW Based Virtual Instrument for NI Multisim
http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5635/en/

Best regards!

Daniel C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,447 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I saw the guide you posted but I could'nt understand what to do with the block diagram due to my little knowledge of labview. So, I started the Labview core1 course. What do you think, will I need the core2 course for my application as well? I need to budget my time effectively as I am short on my deadline. Otherwise I have to just fiddle with Matlab for completing the histogram.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,264 Views)

Hello kushgpt23!

The guide that I shared with you in the last post it will basically show you how to import into Multisim the LabVIEW VI once you have developed it. It is very good notice to hear that you have gotten started with LabVIEW Core courses. To give you an overview, LabVIEW Core I presents you LabVIEW concepts. In LabVIEW Core II you will be learning how to implement basic design patterns which will definitely be helpful to design an instrument like the one you mentioned at start. Then you can follow the guide to import that VI into Multisim and use it as a custom laboratory instrument.

Best regards,

Daniel C.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,206 Views)