Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place Hole Problem

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to place a hole onto my circuit board design, but the Place->Hole command is unresponsive. 

According to the Ultiboard help manual, a hole should appear over the cursor after pressing "OK" in the Through Hole Pin Properties dialog box. This does not happen. Nothing appears beside the "undo" command after I follow the steps to place a hole (ie. it does not say "Undo Place Hole" or anything similar). Essentially, nothing happens when I try to place a hole.

Does anyone know the cause of this?

Ultiboard Education Edition
Version 10.1 (10.1.197)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,057 Views)

Hi Alan,

I haven't seen this before. It this a problem with just this file, or are you unable to place a hole in a blank file?

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,015 Views)

Thanks for your reply,

The problem is not just with one file, I am unable place a hole in a blank file.

I should also note that when I press "Apply" in the Through Hole Pin Properties dialog box, the Clearances view turns on, but it is switched off after I press "OK". (This is possibly unrelated to the original problem).

-Alan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,012 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alan_UM
I'm taking a guess here, but I'm thinking some design rule is preventing the hole from being placed. I would like you to try resetting your user interface, to see if that helps. The instructions will tell you to delete the file, but I would appreciate it if you could back up any files you delete. If this fixes the problem, I would like to get these files so I can see if I can replicate the problem here (and fix it).
Garret
National Instruments

Message 4 of 8
(4,997 Views)

Wow! It worked! I deleted the configuration file (standard_ub_uni.ewcfg) and restarted ultiboard and now the hole placement works! Thanks a lot,

-Alan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,987 Views)
I you still have the configuration file that you removed, I would greatly appreciate it if you could attach the file. I will be able to inspect the file so hopefully I can prevent this from happening in a future release. Smiley Wink
Garret
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,984 Views)
eep, sorry. I already deleted it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,981 Views)

Sorry to rehash an old post, but the same problem happened again, but this time I saved the configuration file 🙂

Here it is (attached):

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,114 Views)