From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtain Transistor Characteristic Curves

hi,

looking for service or company that can trace characteristic curves

or somone got Curve Tracer Device...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,981 Views)

Hi there,

For the semiconductor curve tracer, Tektronix, HP or Agilent they might have the one you want.

The following links might be helpful for tracing your transistor characteristic curves.

The Transistor Curve Tracer

Semiconductor Tester

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,946 Views)

obviously I know that such devices exists...

...but what's the point buying them (expensive stuff) ?? -to grab few characteristics ?? (-:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,933 Views)

Dear Severyn,

any device capable of outputting current and measuring voltage can be suitable to determine characteristic curves for transistors. The question is, how big are these currents and voltagess that need to be supplied and measured, as well as what precision do you require in your measurements.

Generally, NI recommends SMUs (Source Measurement Unit) for DC characterisation. To learn more, check out or variety here. You can also use a DMM like the 4071 to make the measurements more accurate.

You will find a couple of examples here and here.

If I can help you with the details, please let me know. If you can give a more detailed description of what you are looking for, I can give more specific suggestions.

Kind regards:

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,882 Views)

all right, thx for the info...

how about characteristic like that:

1.png

has to be taken form old germanium transistor and from couple of unknown ....

I don't want to spend fortune for device to capture few ...

so far I got multimeter, digital oscilloscope (2ch/100MHz) DC power supply, and couple of other handful usual devices..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,854 Views)

anybody ?,

help ??

two voltage sources and two potentiometers ???

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,815 Views)