From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move pin .am

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am having a problem. I have a oddball footprint with some unusual dimensions. The problem I am having is that a single pin (see image) is dimentioned 13.5mm from the center. When I try to place the pin, I can only get it to 13mm or 14mm. I tried changing the grid step size to .5 and also the grid spacing but I can't get the pin center where I need it. Is there anyway to get the pin at the correct dimension? Can I somehow bypass grid snap or something. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

.5mmoff.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,511 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mnauss

Hi;

You can try this. When you are placing the pin, instead of clicking on where you want the pin to be, try pressing * and a window will pop up where you can enter the exact coordinate where you want the pin to be placed.

Message 2 of 4
(4,488 Views)

I did not even know about that, where did you learn that trick? Im gonna give it a try, will let you know how it goes. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,474 Views)

That worked awesome. Thanks a lot:)

placepin.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,469 Views)