cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting external source to traces

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am new to Ultiboard and am trying to do something that should be relatively simple.  I want to connect an external DC supply, which is terminated in ring terminals, to my PCB.  I can't figure out how to put in a hole that will connect to the trace.  It's a 6mm ring terminal, so I need a 6.2mm diameter hole.  I want one hole to connect to the input trace on top and the other to connect to the ground plane on bottom.

I can place holes in Ultiboard, but I can't connect them to the trace due to DRC; the copper area voids around the hole.

I can't find a hole in Multisim to put on the schematic to allow the DRC to recognize the connection.

In Ultiboard, the Through-Hole Pin option for connecting to a Net is grayed out.

Is there a way to do this?

-Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,484 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nickdenniston

Hi Nick,

The hole is like a regular component in case and in the Multisim Master database there are no holes available so you will have to create a new component.   If you don't know how to create a component, please refer to the Creating a Custom Component in NI Multisim tutorial for more details.  When you get to Step 2 in the Component Wizard, select the hole that you will use in Ultiboard.

Once you created the hole place it on the schematic and run a wire to it, now you can forward annotate the update schematic to Ultiboard.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,462 Views)