From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misbehaving centre tap transformer model

Okay I don't know what's the problem. but the attached "No Error" circuit works (which uses a 1P 2S transformer). But the "Error" circuit doesn't work (Which uses a centre tap transformer). In real world a center tap transformer will be more practical in this case. So it will be better if I run a simulation using that.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,235 Views)

Hi there,

I run both of the circuits on my computer, they all work fine. I think it's probably due to the simulation settings.

Try to reset to default.

Capture2.PNG

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,216 Views)

Chen_T,

How long did you run the simulation ? The Error occurs at 0.026s. I've reset the settings to their defaults like you said but it yielded no positive results.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,204 Views)

Chen_T,

How long did you run the simulation ? The Error occurs at 0.026s. I've reset the settings to their defaults like you said but it yielded no positive results.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,203 Views)

Hi PreetamDas17,

I am using the Multisim 13.0.1 version. When I test your Error.ms13, I do not have any error messages showed up.

But, on your schematic, the sine wave generator seems not working properly. There is no sine wave output at all tested using the scope. I suggest that you replace this with other sine wave configuration to see if you still have the error messages.

For example,

quadrature_oscillator.gif

The frequency of the oscillation is f = 1/2πRC

All of the three capacitors are the same.

R1 is made very slightly less than R to ensure that oscillations will start when power is applied.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,172 Views)

That's very strange ! Because I find the sine wave generator (Bubba Oscillator) is working perfectly ! The oscillations starts after 0.250 seconds. The schematic you gave, I'm using it already in my triangle wave generator. I suspect that the generated sine wave using this circuit will be not a perfect sine wave. That's why I used a Bubba Oscillator, because it produces very pecise sine waves.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,156 Views)

Hi there,

In your Spreadsheet View, what is the error when you run the simulation? Could you please show it using the Snipping Tool? Is it a transient error or something else? When I run it, there is no error message show up.

Capture.2PNG.PNG

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,135 Views)