Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW instruments in transient simulation

Hi,

I'm performing some tests with an InputOutput LabVIEW Instrument that I made myself (2 in/4 out) that basically implements a simple lookup table (on the basis of two DC voltage levels it perform a 2D interpolation and then sets the 4 voltage outputs accordingly).

In the interactive simulation mode everything works great.

However, if I try to run a transient simulation, the LabVIEW instrument does not respond, it seems to ignore the two inputs so it gives zero for all the 4 parameters. 

This suggests me that LabVIEW instruments are interactive-simulation objects only. Is it correct?

This would limit the benefits of this great tool! 

Can anyone suggest me a way to overcome this? 

I work with Multisim 11 and LabVIEW 2009.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,122 Views)

Everasia,

Yes the custom LabVIEW instruments are used in interactive mode only.  What other things are you looking to do in Analysis -> Transient mode?  Expresssions, Post Processor data, etc?

Are you are trying to use LabVIEW as a type of I/O behavioral component?

Also, another possibility is using the Multisim API with LabVIEW (www.ni.com/labs) -

LabVIEW Multisim Connectivity Toolkit (Beta), this will allow you to create interactivity between LabVIEW controls and the Multisim simulation - you can adjust source inputs and measure probes and pause the simulation between steps.

If you would like to discuss the use case in more detail, please email me directly. 

Regards,

Pat Noonan

patrick.noonan@ni.com

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,105 Views)