Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LM317 symbol

I'm using educational version and the popular voltage regulator LM317 isn't available.
I get it from a friend that own a Professional version, I use it in a schematic and simulation works.
But when I save it from sheet to my user database I get a message telling that's correctly saved but I don't see it.
It seems that some symbol are "usable" only in professional version, is it right ?
How can I edit this component to see it in my user database ?
Or anyone can send a symbol I can save in my user database and edit ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(11,900 Views)

Hi Ridis,

what SW are you using?

Cheers

Matteo

Matteo Brunella
Application Engineer
NI Italy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(11,883 Views)
Sorry I forgot to write I'm using Multisim 10.1.1 (10.1.372) in Windows XP with SP3.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(11,872 Views)

Hi...

Try to create a new component....  

In this link you can find a good SPICE model...

http://www.electro-tech-online.com/general-electronics-chat/18270-lm317-spice-model.html

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(11,846 Views)
multisim 8 has lm317,you can try to convert it in multisim 10
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(11,819 Views)

Thank you very much to D3PO for spice model, this solved my problem.

To "semaphore": unfortunately I don't have Multisim 8. But I don't understand why National don't keep LM317 available also in 10.1.

Still one question: is there some symbol available only in Pro version that you can't copy in user database of Educational version ?

Message 6 of 8
(11,724 Views)
I forget a important thing,multisim 10(edu)master database don't include lm317,but multisim 10(power pro)has the lm317
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(11,472 Views)

The various tiers (EDU/PRO) for Multisim have a different set of components that are unlocked when the product is registered.  Components from within schematics can be shared but when components originating from the Master database are saved back to the Corporate/User database, the locking is still preserved and thus components may not be visible.  We allow the components to be within a schematic to allow for collaboration for those that may be on different tiers. 

To get the actual component saved into your own database as mentioned previously, a new component will have to be created and saved back to the database.   Also note that for the professional tier (Base, Full, PowerPro) customers can preserve their initial investment and only pay migration pricing to the higher level version if more advanced simulation, models or SPICE analysis is required.

A full listing of available components in the latest version is available here:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5607

Regards,

Patrick Noonan
Business Development Manager
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
50 Market St. 1-A
S. Portland, ME 04106
Email: patrick.noonan@ni.com
Tel. (207) 892-9130
Fax. (207) 892-9508  

0 Kudos