Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolated flyback simulation?

Thank you for taking time to reply.

Noted for the FET part.

Well, yes I've come to understand that it is typically a DC supplier. Is there a modification that I can do to output an AC signal? ( I tried removing the diode and capacitor, thinking that it is the rectifying component of the circuit. I must've gotten it all wrong?). Please advice.

Again, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,038 Views)

My suggestion is to start with ideal switching components (for the transistor and diode).

Please see attached a working flyback producing 6V from 12V. 

I suggest you familiarize yourself with flyback converter theory before running simulations. After you've done that, then you can play with the simulation parameters such as switching frequency, magnetising inductance, load resistors and others to see their impact on output voltage levels, ripples, CCM/DCM modes, etc.

Here's a great pdf from a book:

ecee.colorado.edu/~ecen4517/materials/flyback.pdf

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,031 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions. I see the mistakes I've made with my flyback now.

Although, in the attached circuit, I do not understand why you connected at +10V to the Rload.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,007 Views)

+10V is just a connector name. I am not actually driving that node with any voltage. 

However that connector name should actually say "+6V" since the flyback generates 6V.

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,999 Views)

Hello Can you decipher the transformer parameters: PARAMS: np = 16 ns = 1 lmag = 10m lleakp = 0.1u lleaks = 0.1u rp = 1m rs = 1m

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,910 Views)

Hi there,

These are parameter in the SPICE model and I am not sure exactly how or why you are setting those directly. The component in the previously-attached file has a GUI with proper parameter names. Perhaps you are referencing some other component.

But to answer your question...

np - number of primary side turns

ns - number of secondary side turns

lmag- magnetising inductance

llpeak - leakage inductance on primary side

lleaks - leakage inductance on secondary side

rp - coil resistance on primary side

rs- coil resistance on secondary side

Thanks,

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,902 Views)

Just a quick question...how is the inductor right before the transformer being used in the circuit? Also, could someone please advise on how to go about adding fuses? (where and how to determine which rating to use?) 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,849 Views)

I had the same problems, fortunately I found a Simulink design that helped me build the circuit.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/physmod/elec/examples/flyback-converter.html

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,745 Views)

while simulating showing error,Please suggest me the solution..

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,174 Views)