Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Program Error 1173

Solved!
Go to solution
I am using Ultiboard 10.0.1. When starting the autorouter, I get the following message: Error during autorouter preprocessing. Source: Autorouter Internal Program Error 1173 What does it mean? Thanks, Gary
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,059 Views)

Hello,

Is this happening with a particular design file? What's your operating system?

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,028 Views)
I am usinh WinXP SP2. I *think* the problem may have been with the board outline. I had to "fiddle" with the outline in AutoCAD by joining all of the corners to make sure it was a closed shape before importing the DXF into the board outline layer. It seemed that only sometimes Ultiboard would complain the outline was not a closed shape. Sometimes it would offer to autoclose the outline and 10 mil would work. Sometimes even 100 mil would not work. Sometimes I just got the 1173 error. To make the short story long, I redrew the board outline one segment at a time and the error message went away. I'm not sure if I fix it, or something else I did made the error go away. Just what is error 1173? Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,024 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GaryAtAMI

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I did further research and it seems that this error could be a defect that was fixed in version 10.1. If you continue getting the error, could you please send us your design file for testing? Just send us an email to ewbsupport@ni.com.

Thanks,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

Message 4 of 5
(3,982 Views)
Thanks Fernando! The next time the error pops up I'll let you know. NI SUPPORT IS GREAT! Gary
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,972 Views)