Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need model of an LED bar driver (ex. LM3914)

I am currently trying to detect the magnitude of the output voltage by adding an LED bar to my circuit. I thought of using an LED bar driver like the LM3415 to do the job. Sadly I cannot find a spice model in Multisim. Does anyone have a model or an alternative ides for a driver ic?

Thanks in adance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,898 Views)

I did a quick search of the Multisim database, we don't have parts with models for this particular type (LED bar driver). However, if you do an internet search for "LED driver spice model" you'll come across several results from Maxim, ON Semi, TI and Diodes apparently, it would be a matter of browsing through those results and see if you find something useful. If there is a similar part to the one you want to simulate you could create a custom part with that model.

When you don't have a SPICE model from a manufacturer for a particular part is not the end of the road. You could find a similar part that has a model, and either use that part or borrow the model and customise it to your part; or instead, if you have an idea of the block diagram and you could recreate the IC internals by drawing a macro circuit, you can then export the netlist of that macro circuit and customise it as a SPICE model for a new part that you create. A very simplified example of the latter is shown in KB 4MMEQJMC: Creating a SPICE Model From a Macro Model Circuit Schematic in Multisim.

Regards,

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,873 Views)

Thank you very much... found a model at http://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/simulation-model-for-lm3914-bar-dot-display-driver.134257...

and added ist to my database manualy... currently trying to see if that will do the job

Thanks again,

christian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,850 Views)