From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I exceed the maximum component count when I use a subsystem. Solution?

I exceed the maximum component count with my student version of Multisim 8 with large circuits, especially if I try to use a second page.   How much does using a second page reduce the available component count?  How are components counted?  Is a complex component like a data selector weighted more heavily than a NAND gate?  Do other versions accomodate more components that my Multisim 8 version?  

I try to use virtual components rather that specific chips.  I sort of assume they will run faster and consume less of the total component count?  Is there a difference?

My simulation is slow but doesn't crash with large digital circuits.  I have reduced the clock speed markedly, which seems to help.  I have increased the maximum time step.  How high can I go with this without adverse effects.  I am using clock low clock speeds 200-1000 Hz. 

Thanks for the help

Roland

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,680 Views)

Hi Roland,

Any symbol you drop on the schematic counts as 1 component and this includes ground and power supply, if possible reduce the number of ground/supply symbol placed on the schematic and you may be able to place a few more parts.  However, there is a limit in the student edition and even if you use multipage schematic, you won't be able to get around this.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,658 Views)