Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am attempting to imports a dxf to create a custom through hole pad, I see lots of info on smt pads but I can not find anything on through hole, can someone point me to a answer or provide an answer?

I am attempting to import a dxf to create a custom through hole pad, I see lots of info on smt pads but I can not find anything on through hole, can someone point me to a answer or provide an answer?

Ultiboard 10.0.144

THX

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,260 Views)

The hole in pad will be automatically generated (Part Wizard - Step 5 of 7 - Pad Type and Dimensions) after you will create a new component.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,252 Views)

Hi Chad,

Have a look at the attached file.

I hope it helps.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,231 Views)

i tried to import dxf file of layout to of circuit from autocad 2012 using ultiboard 11 but it gives me losses of drawing so how can i do that with this version ultiboard 11 and when i tried to do that with ultiboard 12 , it succeded but when i tried to export dril file to work with , it failed to give result
please can you explain to me the solution for that so can represent that the dxf file after importing become photo without any real pads for exporting gerber files or drill files

here is the file in dxf format

i will wait your reply

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,996 Views)

Hi,

From your description, I believe you are trying to import a design from AutoCAD into Ultiboard.  If this is the case, you will have a lot of problems because a DXF file only have object such as lines polygon etc...  Once you import the DXF file into Ultiboard, you won't be able to do much with the data because Ultiboard needs information such as net, pad type etc... and without that type of information you are just connect lines together.

If this is not your question, please elaborate and also attached the DXF file again, it didn't make it through in your original post.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,979 Views)